MiCS5524 Gas Sensor
The MiCS-5524 sensor from SGX Sensortech  is an MEMS sensor for indoor carbon monoxide and natural gas leakage detection. It's also suitable for indoor air quality monitoring, breath checing, and early fire detection.
The sensor is sensitive to the following gases, although it cannot distinguish between them:
- CO (1 to 1000 ppm)
- NH3 (Ammonia) (1 to 500 ppm)
- C2H6OH (Ethanol) (10 to 500 ppm)
- H2 (1 to 1000 ppm)
- CH4 (Methane) (>1000 ppm)
It's available on a breakout from Adafruit :
Reading the sensor
The sensor gives an analogue output, so you simply need to read it with a suitable analogue input; for example:
(defun gas () (analogread 0))
- ^ MiCS5524 Datasheet on Adafruit.
- ^ Adafruit MiCS5524 CO, Alcohol, and VOC Gas Sensor Breakout on Adafruit.